Nominations for the Australasian Association of Convenience Stores (AACS) Women In Convenience Industry Awards 2019 are now open.
Nominations must arrive no later than May 30, 2019.
The AACS says the awards “recognise the significant contribution women play in convenience retailing from retailers, and supplier communities”.
There will be two categories of award this year
- Woman of the Year – The retailer or supplier who has had a significant impact on the success of their direct business, as well as a significant impact on the industry as a whole.
- Rising Star – The retailer or supplier from a non-management level that is making an impact on their company and industry at the early stages of their career.
- Demonstrated leadership, innovation and creativity
- Measurable impact as a result of their actions
- Contribution to the broader convenience channel
- Inspirational for other women in convenience
- Degree of difficulty of the achievement(s).
All nominees must either work for a retailer, supplier or wholesaler directly serving the convenience industry at the time of nomination. Achievements must be within the past 12 months (that is, in 2018/2019).
The judging panel will include members of the AACS Women in Convenience committee and the AACS Board.
All winners will receive recognition in the October/November C&I magazine, a double pass to the AACS annual summit and gala dinner, and a $500 voucher to ‘Business Chicks’.
Nominations have been open from March 1 and will close on May 30, 2019. Winners will be announced at the AACS Gala & Awards dinner on August 15 in Sydney.
How to nominate someone
Include details of:
- The nominee
- Why she is being nominated
- Work history and achievements; and
- Contact details.