Are you looking for a change of direction in 2018? Do you want to play a key role for a market leader? This newly created role could be for you.
IRI is a global leader in data-driven market and consumer insights that help retailers and FMCGs to realise incredible growth.
IRI’s Channel Development team acts as the custodian of its perspective on the grocery, liquor and P&C channels. Our governance of market reads and insights on those channels helps maintain IRI’s market leading position and demonstrates our credibility as a market measurement expert to clients, partners and the wider industry.
The team is growing and consequently we’re looking for a Channel Manager to maintain, develop and evolve IRI’s perspective on the liquor and convenience channels. They’ll play a crucial role in conveying to stakeholders that IRI has a comprehensive grasp of the shape and structure of these channels, their evolution and the trends that are affecting them.
The ideal candidate will be data-savvy, customer focused and a strong, engaging communicator. Above all however, they’ll be motivated and ambitious, love to get stuck in and relish turning obstacles in to opportunities.
Key responsibilities and duties
Data and information
- Own and develop IRI’s market read methodologies for the liquor and convenience channels
- Gather and assess data for inclusion in IRI’s liquor and convenience market reads
- Advise the data team on changes required to maintain an accurate and credible read in both channels
- Review and maintain accurate total market projections for liquor and convenience
- Lead specific cross-team projects aimed at improving our market read services in both channels.
Interpretation and insight
- Interpret new and existing data sources
- Collaborate with the Channel Development team to define IRI’s perspectives in liquor and convenience channels
- Develop meaningful insights related to the evolutions taking place in these channels
- Contribute to the creation of industry reports and trends presentations.
Delivery and engagement
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders to gather intelligence on the liquor and convenience channels
- Present channel information to a range of audiences including colleagues, manufacturers and retailers
- Lead internal communication around these channels and bring stakeholders with you when change is required
- Engage externally to gather and share information pertaining the liquor and convenience service methodologies
- Produce such data outputs as required to maintain IRI’s credibility and authority within both channels.