On the Run (OTR) Coordinator Louise Stephens has won the 2018 Young Retailer of the Year Award at the Australian Retailers Association (ARA) Australian Retail Awards.
The award recognises and rewards exceptional young talent aged under 25 years in the retail and fast-food industries.
Ms Stephens began working with Peregrine Corporation at Krispy Kreme in June 2014. She then moved into OTR’s HR and recruitment team in November 2016. In May 2017, she moved to the operations helpdesk, the role for which she won her award.
“Winning Young Retailer of the Year means so much to me,” Ms Stephens said.
“I’ve been with Peregrine Corporation for over four years, and during this time have learnt and achieved so much. Being recognised by the ARA Awards is highly rewarding. But I couldn’t have achieved this without the support of my colleagues and managers at Peregrine.”
OTR General Manager Daryl Cotter says the company is incredibly proud of Ms Stephens’ achievement, especially as she’s the only South Australian to be awarded.
“This award highlights the excellent work of our team members who serve our guests every day,” he said. “Louise is an exemplary example of this.
“OTR is committed to providing exceptional service for every one of our guests, and creating careers for many South Australians.”
The other winners
ARA Executive Director Russell Zimmerman says award winners truly encapsulate the authentic characteristics required to triumph in the industry.
“As online and global markets continue to challenge the retail industry, the variety of small, medium and large retailers capturing this year’s award titles showcases the diverse and extraordinary talent we have in Australian retail,” he said.
“Every year, the retail awards judging process gets harder. This year’s winners are no exception. These remarkable retailers truly are a testament to the vibrant and progressive industry we’re in today.”
- National Retailer of the Year: PETstock.
- Retail Employer of the Year: ALDI Australia.
- Store Fit-Out of the Year: Pickings and Parry Group.
- Leader of the Year: The Party People.
- Online Retailer of the Year: The Party People.
- Retail Innovator of the Year: Battery World & Beer Cartel.
- Franchise Chain of the Year: Battery World.
- Excellence in Retail Marketing: Sportgirl’s ‘Be That Girl’ campaign.
- Excellence in Customer Experience: Brava Lingerie.
- Independent Retailer of the Year (1 store): Simply for Strings;
(2-5 stores): The Party People; (5+ stores): Spoilt Gifts and Homewares.